1/1 Photo of Snickerdoodle Cookies
Fresh Churned Butter's Note:
This is a very delicious recipe! I need to double it when I make it because as soon as they're off the pan their gone! It is my own recipe. The cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves that goes into the cookies can be substituted with 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add the egg, vanilla, salt, soda, and milk. Continue beating.
- 4Add 1 teaspoons each cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoons cloves. Continue beating. Add nuts, if using.
- 5Mix in flour one cup at a time until smooth with a wooden spoon.
- 6Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes and or overnight for easier handling.
- 7While the dough is being refrigerated, combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in a cereal bowl.
- 8Once the dough is chilled, roll into 1 inch balls and flatten between your palms.
- 9Dip into the cinnamon-sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 8-12 minutes. (Usually about 10.).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 291.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g