Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream the first four ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
these are the best cookies i have ever had
Was looking for a soft Snickerdoodle cookie, but these turned out crunchy. I followed ingredients exactly, but changed temp to 375 degrees on the advice from other reviewers. And I baked most of them for approx. 12 mins. I baked the last 1/4 of the batch around 11 mins hoping they wouldn't turn out crunchy, but no luck. They taste very good, just too crunchy.
This is the best snickerdoodle recipe I've found. No more testing recipes, I have found my permanent recipe. I made these exactly as written and will continue to do so.