Recipe by #1 Baker
Top Review by coviedo2009
I substituted the shortening and butter with butter flavored crisco. The first time I made them the 400 degree heat seemed to high so I cut it to 350 and the cookies came out softer and more chewy. This was an easy recipe though and my 14 year old daughter thought they were fun to make!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.