Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom made these as a kid for us. Still a classic in our family.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Crisco (or 2 cups butter)
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar (topping)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon (topping)
- Cream together crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Mix together flour, tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and crisco mix to form a soft cookie dough.
- Pinch off and roll the dough into little balls.
- Roll the balls into the sugar and cinnamon topping mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Using a fork, lightly smash the tops of the balls for decoration.
- Bake at 350 degrees.