Recipe by Kardie's Kitchen
So good bet ya'll cant eat just one!!!!! from the Kitchen of Kardie...
Top Review by Connie K
This is our favorite recipe from the 1950 Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook! So glad to see it here. The only difference is the oven temperature in the book is 400F. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening , sugar and eggs together.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt --
- Chill dough throughly and roll into balls about the size of walnuts, Dip into mixture of 3 tsp of sugar and 3 Tbsp of cinnamon. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet, do not press will flatten out as they bake.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minute.