Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
There must be about a million Snickerdoodle recipes out there, but this is the best I've ever tried, given to me by one of my sister's friends, Debbie Faltrick of Cucamonga CA.
- Cream together butter and sugar, then beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix dry ingredients together, and mix into butter mixture.
- Roll teaspoonsful of dough into balls.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees F or until very lightly browned.
- Cool, and store in a tightly covered container.
This was the last snickerdoodle recipe standing after recipe-sifting to remove sour cream, milk, and shortening; then eliminating the results that had milk products besides butter, or various names for shortening and margarine. I only use butter. This is now the ONLY snickerdoodle recipe I will ever use. These are FANTASTIC! FABULOUS! AMAZING! REMARKABLE! SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS! They were still beautifully chewy after being left out overnight. Everybody that we delivered Christmas cookies to raved about the snickerdoodles (one family's toddler threw a tantrum if anybody else tried to eat them--they were HIS! lol). The cookies freeze well.
My mother-in-law has been baking Snickerdoodles for years. She tried them the other night and said that these were some of the best Snickerdoodles she has ever had. I have to agree with her.
I have made tons of snickerdoodles over the years and I am so pleased with how these turned out! best recipe I have found!! Thank you for posting!