Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Haley Leann from Princeton, TX These little gems are a soft cookie, with the flavors of cinnamon, sugar, and cream cheese. Winners all the way at my house!
- Mix the Cream Cheese Filling, and set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set to the side.
- Mix the 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a small bowl. Set to the side.
- Shape dough into two (2") balls. Flatten each one.
- Apply your filling to one flattened ball spooning 1 teaspoon of the filling onto the cookie, or pipe the filling on, using a Zip lock bag with the tip cut.
- Take the other flattened ball and "sandwich" the two with the filling in the middle.
- Pinch the edges together (like a ravioli) then gently and slowly roll the ball between your palms until it is smooth and round. The dough will be fragile and will probably crack open every now and then. Just take a pinch a of dough and apply it over the crack like a band aid. (You will need to wash off your hands between each cookie, or the dough will start to stick to your hands.).
- Roll the ball into the cinnamon and sugar mixture, then place on a freezer safe plate.
- Continue making the cookies until your plate is full.
- Place the plate in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet, and cool on wire rack.