Recipe by Aunt Yaya
Moist, rich and SO easy to make and freeze. Perfect for gift-giving, or keep a steady supply in the freezer for "pop-in" company. Just like it's name, it will remind you of the cookies, except moist and rich!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (reserve 2 tablespoons of dry mix)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry cake mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a bundt pan with "butter-flavored" cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together (at medium speed) the dry cake mix(reserving the 2 T in a small bowl), and the next 5 ingredients until well-blended. Set aside.
- Meanwhile add the cinnamon, sugar and nuts to the 2 T. of the reserved dry cake mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the top of this, and then evenly distribute the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- If desired, after the cake has cooled completely, you may squiggle a glaze of 1 cup of powdered sugar mixed with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk over the top.