Aunt Yaya's Note:
Moist, rich and SO easy to make and freeze. Perfect for gift-giving, or keep a steady supply in the freezer for "pop-in" company. Just like it's name, it will remind you of the cookies, except moist and rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (reserve 2 tablespoons of dry mix)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a bundt pan with "butter-flavored" cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl mix together (at medium speed) the dry cake mix(reserving the 2 T in a small bowl), and the next 5 ingredients until well-blended. Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile add the cinnamon, sugar and nuts to the 2 T. of the reserved dry cake mix.
- 4Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- 5Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the top of this, and then evenly distribute the remaining batter.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 7If desired, after the cake has cooled completely, you may squiggle a glaze of 1 cup of powdered sugar mixed with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk over the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: