Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on a website over the weekend and made them for my son. They got rave reviews by my 7 year old and his friends. I served them with a small amount of ice cream right on top.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (two sticks at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon sugar (for coating the top)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and move pan around to make sure that the bottom and sides are coated. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cream of tarter.
- Using an stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat for three minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds.
- On low speed add the sifted flour mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan. This will be hard as it is a thick batter. (I found it easiest to just wet my hands a little and press the batter into the pan.)
- Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.