Recipe by Rachel-Snachel
This is ideal for those watching their carb and sugar intake. It tastes much like a snickerdoodle cookie---you can't taste the beans at all!
Top Review by Mandala
These are delicious and even my 3 year old loves them. I made the muffins with 2/3 cup brown sugar (I didn't have any Splenda) and unsweetened applesauce in place of oil. I'll definitely be making them again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed well
- 4 large eggs
- 1 dash salt (less than 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or mixture of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 11x7 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combined the beans and eggs in a blender until smooth and well blended. Add the rest of ingredients and blend again.
- Poured into prepared pan. You can add sprinkled cinnamon/Splenda over the top, but I don't think you need to if the spices are in the batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Variation: The batter can also be use to make muffins.