Recipe by Deb from Ca
I have tried some other snickerdoodle bar-type recipes, but they were too sweet and too cake-like for my family's taste. After some experimentation, I came up with these. WARNING...Addictive! They taste even better when they have cooled. These are a great cookie if you want to make something ahead of time that will keep well and taste great for days!
Top Review by ChefKristine
Very easy to make and taste good. However, they don't resemble the taste of a snickerdoodle. I think the recipe is missing the essential ingredient of cream of tartar....will try adding that next time and see what the results are. Regardless of my feelings, the kids are gobbling these up without complaint! :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9X13 inch pan.
- Mix together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and butter til fluffy. Add eggs and beat til well blended then beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture til well combined.
- Spead mixture in pan (Using dampened hands helps works the best for me). Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. Do not overcook. The center surface of the bars should stay very slightly depressed when done.