Recipe by angelcakes
I found this recipe next to a Snickers coupon. It is absolutely fabulous. The Snickers is hidden inside the cookie so it makes for a nice surprise when you bite in. This cookie works perfectly as part of a Xmas cookie platter. If you are a Snickers fan, you are in for a real treat.
Top Review by Young Living in Texas
Elmolvsu, I hope you try this recipe again. They went off the plate again. I drizzle chocolate on top then sprinkle powdered sugar. USE 1 CUP OF BUTTER instead of 1/2 cup. That will probably make the difference for your flour. I yield 41 cookies. I don't use a lot of dough around the snickers. I make a ball, flatten it on wax paper, then place the snickers on top and pull the dough up around it and pinch the top together. If you like a soft cookie, 12 minutes baking time would probably be sufficient. Let us know if you have a problem, because these are fabulous and we don't want you to miss out.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 Snickers miniature candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Then mix in flour mixture.
- Cover and chill dough 2-3 hours.
- To form cookie, scoop a tablespoon of chilled dough and flatten.
- Place a miniature Snickers in the center and form the dough into a ball around the Snickers.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a rack.
- Optional: Decorate cookies with powdered sugar or drizzled melted chocolate or both.