Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of my grandmother's recipes.
Make and share this Snicker Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour 1/2 of cake batter into prepared pan.
- Reserve remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 275°F.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels, butter, and milk together.
- Pour over the baked cake.
- Sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over caramel.
- Pour remaining cake batter evenly over the top of the chocolate chip/walnut/caramel mixture.
- Bake at 275F for 20 minutes, then at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Needs no icing.
Thank you for this great recipe Caryn, this was delicious. So ooey and gooey and CHOCOLATE! Very rich and good. We love this. Thank you for posting it. We will be using this one again.
I have had this one. It is wonderful! I will have to make it tonight again :)