Recipe by Sharon123
This typical Bugarian dish can be used as a starter, dip or side dish. Adapted from Recipes4us.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful cucumbers! I used one English cucumber, minced garlic, and plain yogurt. Salted the sliced cucumbers and let them drain for a bit. Blotted dry with a paper towel than added remaining ingredients. Loved the fresh dill flavor, great summer side dish or salad. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4 - Family Picks.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 16 ounces thick plain yogurt (or Greek Style )
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze the chopped cucumber by hand to get rid of most of the water, then place in a bowl together with the salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and dill.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the yogurt to the cucumber mixture, mix well and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Can be served as a starter, dip or side dish.