Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This typical Bugarian dish can be used as a starter, dip or side dish. Adapted from Recipes4us.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 16 ounces thick plain yogurt (or Greek Style )
- Squeeze the chopped cucumber by hand to get rid of most of the water, then place in a bowl together with the salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and dill.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the yogurt to the cucumber mixture, mix well and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Can be served as a starter, dip or side dish.
Wonderful cucumbers! I used one English cucumber, minced garlic, and plain yogurt. Salted the sliced cucumbers and let them drain for a bit. Blotted dry with a paper towel than added remaining ingredients. Loved the fresh dill flavor, great summer side dish or salad. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4 - Family Picks.
This is great, thank you. I like it with vegetarian buffalo wings but had never made it before now. It was easy to make and tastes better than similar store bought stuff.
I really enjoyed these cucs! They are fresh and tangy; I liked the using the Greek yougurt it's a nice change from sour cream. Thank you Sharon for a great recipe! Reviewed by a Chic Chef for ZWT 4 E. Europe