- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg, the oil, and buttermilk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Grease the heated griddle.
- Pour batter onto the griddle in the amount to make the desired size of pancake.
- Turn the pancakes when they are puffy and full of air bubbles.
- Cook the other side until golden brown.
- This recipe makes about ten 4-inch pancakes. Heated maple syrup is especially good.