Recipe by Sharon123
A tasty dish that combines most kid's favorites - hot dogs and baked beans. The sweet potato and the carrots in the orange puree add not only a top source of nutrients and fiber but a delicious hint of sweetness! Adapted from the Sneaky Chef Cookbook by Missy Chase Lapine.
- 4 vegetarian hot dogs, sliced (or if you must turkey or beef hot dogs-preferably with no nitrates)
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans (Bush's is good)
- 1⁄2 cup orange puree (see My Take on Sneaky Orange Puree)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (or barbeque sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the dogs, beans, orange puree, and ketchup (or bbq sauce) in a saucepan and heat over medium until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Alternatively, place the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, cover the top of the bowl with a wet paper towel, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, pausing to stir occasionally.
- Be careful, hot dogs can be a choking hazard for children under 4.