Recipe by mom24boys
This is a great filling for sandwiches, buns or biscuits (US type). Or, try it on crackers or on a bed of greens. The "sneaky" part is the minced apple I put in to get my boys to have a variety of fruits in their diets. There are only 3 real ingrediets so that is a plus in my book.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (more or less as desired)
- 1 medium tart green apple (Pippin or Granny Smith for instance)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core apple. Dice into small pieces.
- In a med bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise and apple, mixing well but not overly so.
- Season to taste.
- Chill, if desired.
- Serve as filling for sandwiches on your choice of bread topped with lettuce, tomato and thin sliced Burmuda onion.
- As an appetizer, spread on crackers, top with thin sliced Burmuda onions or radishes or 1/2 cherry tomato.
- As a salad, serve on bed of crispy greens of your choice, diced cucumbers, Burmuda onions, tomatoes and croutons. Dress with more mayonnaise or blue cheese dressing or your favorite vinegrette. Serves 4-6 as a salad.