Recipe by Manda
The name comes from my tendency to "sneak" just one more while nobody is watching;) These are an easy, chewy bar cookie that reminds me of my favorite candy bar...Snickers, of course!!! You must try this one, but be careful!!! They are addicting!! It is also fun to get the kids to help with this one (i.e. unwrapping caramels, sprinkling on the choc. chips. Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Madison County
You have no idea how much I love this dessert. You are right about sneaking just one more. I caught my husband as he was reaching in for the grab. They are delicious. Gooey and nutty and the best part is they are chocolate. Not so hard to make either. Thanks for another reason to get off the couch and go to the gym ;)
- 40 large caramels or 46 small caramels, unwrapped
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine caramels and 1/3 cup milk in medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- In mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup milk, cake mix, melted butter, flour, and nuts (if desired).
- Press half of mixture into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread melted caramel mixture over chocolate chips, then crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set caramel before cutting into bars.