Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good way to sneak in veggies. You process them down really small so they can't say "eew!" I use multi-grain pasta (Barilla Plus is good), and if your kid doesn't like green in their food, you can sub wax beans and carrots for the green beans and spinach. You can increase the amounts of vegetables as needed, but that might be too risky... I even liked it, and my husband said, "Damn, I'd eat this, too!!"
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Put all frozen vegetables in a medium, microwave-safe bowl, cover with water, and heat on high for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- With blade attachment, process thawed vegetables until minced (not pureed).
- Pour minced vegetables and sauce into an 11x7 baking dish, and mix in the parmesan cheese.
- Dump cooked pasta into the sauce mixture, and stir until pasta is evenly mixed into the sauce.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before serving so that the sauce sets (makes it easier for little people to eat it).