Recipe by Candle Lover
I found this in a email group and can't wait to try it. Here are the author's notes "Lasagna's always been a family favorite," explains Catherine Yoder of New Paris, Indiana. "But since my children and husband aren't very fond of some veggies, I started 'sneaking' them into this dish and they hardly notice! It feeds a crowd and is great for potlucks or family reunions."
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces frozen california-blend frozen vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain.
- Finely chop the vegetables; place in a bowl. Stir in eggs and cottage.
- cheese; set aside.
- Drain beef; stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread 2 cups meat mixture into.
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles.
- Spread half of the vegetable mixture to edges of noodles. Layer with 2.
- cups meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with four noodles,.
- remaining vegetable mixture and 2 cups meat mixture. Layer with.
- remaining noodles, meat mixture and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes.
- longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before.
- cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.