This is very good but you have to like citrus with your pork. They come out so tender and moist! Once you've tried them they gotcha coming back again,
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped (oregano, thyme, sage your choice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian if possible)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 4 large loin on pork chops
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, mix all the ingredients except the pork chops Heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Place the chops in a casserole with a lid.
- Spread the seasoned mixture over the chops and bake covered in a slow 300°F over for 2 hours.