Recipe by Bergy
Around 3 o'clock I started to think "How will I do this veal?" Opened the fridge and out came this recipe. I enjoyed it and hope you will too. I served the veal with 3 cheese ravioli with additional parmesan cheese on top and a small side salad. This recipe will work with beef or chicken too!
- 1 lb sliced veal (I used a leg steak 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chunky salsa (bought or your own favorite home made)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms (or other type)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice (or water)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the steak on each side, slice through any membrane on the outside of the steak, cut into serving size pieces.
- Put half of the salsa in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Throw in the onions& mushrooms, season.
- Add meat & water.
- Pour in the remaining salsa.
- Cover cook on high for 3 hours or 6 hours on low.
- If cooking on high you may want to check after 2 1/2 hours and turn to low.