1/2 Photos of "sneaky" Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes Kids Love
Mommy Diva's Note:
These little gems look like a bite of chocolate heaven - even to ME!! I KNOW they will satisfy my little guy - who is on an anti-veggie kick at the moment. Makes me think of the decadent chocolate frosted cake from school daze that had beets in it - every kid's nightmare. Couldn't believe it when I saw the recipe as a kid. Oh, well. Get 'em in there any way you can Mommy....until they get over the YUCK phase. THIS TOO SHALL PASS! And with these cupcakes, it looks like our secret is safe!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml baking cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 236.59 ml zucchini, finely grated
- 236.59 ml carrot, finely grated
- 453.59 g chocolate frosting (I like Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add tot he creamed mixture alternately with the yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- 4FOld in zucchini and carrots.
- 5Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; once cool frost cupcales and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "sneaky" Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes Kids Love
Serving Size: 1 (1900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g