Recipe by Little Black Apron
From Sneaky Chef's book, by Missy Chase Lapine, entering to get nutrition info, this puree is used in several recipes in her book.
Top Review by lindsaysain
Just used this in The Sneaky Chef's crunchy chicken tenders, and it was soooo yummy! Even my husband enjoyed them. Had some left over, so I've tucked it away to use later this week, maybe in her peanut butter cookies. Good idea to get nutrition info., this way...that's the only thing missing from her book!
- 1 medium sweet potatoes or 1 medium yam, peeled and rough chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thick chunks
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil covered carrots and sweet potatoes in a medium pot for about 20 min, until both are tender. (Make sure carrots are tender).
- Drain and put them in a food processor with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Puree on high until no chunks. Stop occasionally to circulate.
- Add water as necessary. (Less is better).
- Makes around 2 cups, stores 3 days in refrigerator. or freeze in 1/4 cup portions.