Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Your loved ones will never know these potatoes are packed with extra nutrition from the Sneaky Chef Make-Ahead White Puree, a mixture of steamed cauliflower and chopped and peeled zucchini!, blended to make a puree. Tastes great to boot! From the Sneaky chef!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes) or 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 4 medium-sized potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white puree (Sneaky Chef Make-Ahead White Puree)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Optional extra boost
- chopped chives
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes, until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander, then return them to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan, the White Puree, the yogurt, margarine, salt, and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until well combined. Add a bit more margaine, if needed.
- Garnish with the chives, if using.
- Serve immediately, or keep the mashed potatoes hot on the stovetop in a metal bowl set over simmering water.
Very tasty potatoes ... The only change I made was instead of a 1/2 cup puree I used 1 cup puree. I also added a bit of sauteed onion and garlic.