Top Review by Nif
I was a little surprised with this one! I thought it wouldn't be very smooth because of the fresh zucchini but it turned out great! I will be sneaking this into lots of things like mashed potatoes and healthy "cream" soups that I make. I used 2 zucchinis and it made a total of 2 3/4 cups - 2 half cups and 3 quarter cups. Made for PRMR. Thanks Sharon123! :)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (about half a small head)
- 1 -2 medium zucchini, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, if necessary
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare White Puree:.
- On the stovetop, pour about 2 inches of water into a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Put a vegetable steamer basket into the pot, add the cauliflower, and steam for about 10 minutes, until quite tender. Drain.
- To prepare in microwave, place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover it with water, and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the raw peeled zucchini with the lemon juice in your food processor and pulse a few times. Next add the cooked cauliflower and 1 tablespoon of water to the food processor (work in batches if necessary) and puree on high until smooth. Stop occasionally to push the contents to the bottom. If necessary, use another tablespoon of water make a smooth puree, but the less water, the better.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of puree; double it if you want to store more. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or you can freeze 1/4-cup portions in sealed plastic bags or small plastic containers.