Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Guacamole is one of the few green health foods that most guys will gladly dip into. In this recipe, the addition of broccoli, spinach, and peas in the Sneaky Chef's Make-Ahead Green Puree(which is basically steamed except the peas and blended) increases volume while simultaneously turning this snack into a superfood. Feel free to add one or all of the optional extra boosts, which are not only traditional for guacamole, but also add another important layer of nutrients. From The Sneaky Chef cookbook.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup green puree (Sneaky Chef's Make-Ahead Green Puree )
Optional extra boost
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, handful of chopped cilantro (or fresh basil and or chopped jalapenos, to taste)
- Halve the avocados lengthwise, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado with the lime juice, salt, Green Puree, and the optional extras, if using.
- Blend lightly with a fork.
- Serve with chips, toast, pita bread, or as a spread for a sandwich!