Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you have non-vegetable-eaters around, they won't ever guess how much produce you put in this. It's pretty versatile stuff, too. Try it topped with bacon bits, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes... almost anything goes with this. Use vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian dish. It freezes really well, too. To make ahead, just make up until you would add the dairy products, freeze, and add the half and half and cheese when you reheat.
- Roughly chop potatoes, onion, squash, and bell pepper if using.
- Add to large stock pot along with carrots, stock, salt and pepper to taste, and turmeric. (If the stock doesn't quite cover the veggies, add a little water).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup using a stick blender, or in small batches in the regular blender.
- Add half-and-half and cheese, heat just until cheese melts.
- Serve topped however you like.
I am very bad at eating veggies but this soup turned out great. I sauteed the onion, pepper and carrots in some butter before I threw everything else in with the broth. Made a ton because all the guys were over. It was perfect with biscuits. I topped with sour cream, crumbled bacon, and extra shredded cheddar. Next time I might use a leek or two instead of the onion.
THis is one great soup! It doesn't taste like a healthy vegi soup but it sure is! I made it in my crockpot...just threw all the vegi's in in the morning and pureed and added cream and cheese when I got home at night. Super easy and super yummy! Thanks so much Emmy!!
We loved this soup! I made it without the cream, and served garnished with grated cheddar. The only thing was that we weren't crazy about the turmeric. I think next time I'll either use a full curry powder, or replace it with some garlic.