If you have non-vegetable-eaters around, they won't ever guess how much produce you put in this. It's pretty versatile stuff, too. Try it topped with bacon bits, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes... almost anything goes with this. Use vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian dish. It freezes really well, too. To make ahead, just make up until you would add the dairy products, freeze, and add the half and half and cheese when you reheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly chop potatoes, onion, squash, and bell pepper if using.
- 2Add to large stock pot along with carrots, stock, salt and pepper to taste, and turmeric. (If the stock doesn't quite cover the veggies, add a little water).
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
- 4Puree soup using a stick blender, or in small batches in the regular blender.
- 5Add half-and-half and cheese, heat just until cheese melts.
- 6Serve topped however you like.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sneak in the Veggies Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 422.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g