Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Every year, my Dad sends me a box of pecans grown on his property in Granbury, Texas. My stepmom sent me a recipe for spicy pecans, which I accidentally deleted out of my email, then couldn't find again. This is sort of a combination of two other recipes, that I liked better. At first, these nuts taste like sugar-glazed pecans, but then they sneak up and "bite." If you're not "into" spicy food, you can cut the Cayenne in half.
- Melt butter in a large, preferably non-stick skillet.
- Add sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add enough water to make a workable glaze mixture.
- Add cayenne and stir well.
- Add nuts and toss until all nuts are well-glazed with sugar mixture.
- Transfer nuts to a foil lined cookie sheet--spray with non-stick spray, if desired.
- Bake at 350^F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer nuts to waxed paper to cool.