Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
very nice to eat for an after school snack. or for munchies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages pecan halves
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Throughfuly blend in flour,baking soda and salt.
- Dough will be softened.
- Bake a test cookie; dough should spread enogh to resemble a turtle shell.
- Arrange pecans in groups of five on greased cookie sheet to resemble head and legs of turtle.
- Using 1 teaspoon of dough, shape balls, dip in egg white and press lightly onto nuts.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned edges.
- Loosen any cookies that are sticking to the cookie sheet.
- Top with melted chocolate while warm.
- Transfer to racks to cool.