Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
When we have fish, I love to prepare Tilapia. This one is so good and so easy. This is ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet.
- Cut onion into 1/4 inch slices, then cut each slice in half.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook 2 minutes to soften.
- Add tomatoes and salsa, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tilapia, reduce heat slightly, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Place fish on serving plate and spoon tomato-salsa mixture on top.
Yum! I felt like I was eating a fish entree at a fancy restaurant. This is really good. I was surprised at how fast the tilapia cooked. I highly recommend this recipe.
Great recipe for salsa lovers and it doesn't get any easier than this. I used 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced, the salsa, garlic and onion. Wonderful recipe!
Easy and really good!