Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Zingo! I just found this recipe from Wesson Oil and couldn't wait to post it!
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked shelled shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 cups wesson canola oil
- In medium bowl, combine first 9 ingredients, ending with salt; blend well.
- Add egg and blend until thoroughly combined (Mixture will be sticky).
- Shape mixture into 12 (3X3/4-inch) stick-shaped pieces.
- Gently roll each piece in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 325°F.
- Gently place shrimp sticks into oil and fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a squeeze of lemon.