Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can be used as a main dish or as an appetizer. It sounds very quick and delicious. I found this on another site. I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour 5 for the Carribbean.
- 1 lb small shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- Saute chives and garlic in margarine until tender.
- Add shrimp and simmer until pink.
- Add salt and sherry, sprinkle cheese over top.
- Serve as appetizers or main dish.
We were very pleased with the outcome, actually doubled it and took half for the neighbors. Was a terrific dinner by us and my neighbors as they bought back their empty plate, and raved.Terrific lunch for all. Made for Auz/Nz swap #31.
Delicious! I used 1 lb. of 16/20-count shrimp and made exactly as posted. The only change I made was to add a pinch of cayenne. This really took seconds to make and ended up being the "turf" part of our "Surf and Turf" dinner. I loved the sherry flavor, which was more pronounced than the garlic (for a change). I will be making this again. Thanks for posting. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.
Awesome!!! Very easy to make and the amounts of garlic and sherry are perfect. We served it with some crusty bread. I will double the recipe next time!!! Thanks for sharing this one.