Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had a bunch of salsa left over from serving nachos at my Super Bowl party and I didn't want to throw it away. So, I came up with this dish for tonight's meal and it turned out to be really tasty. Use the heat of salsa that your family likes. I am a wimp when it comes to heat so I used mild salsa.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups taco sauce
- Heat oil in a pan and then throw in the chicken strips and fry for about 2 minutes until it has a bit of color.
- Toss in the mushrooms and allow to cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the beans and stir through.
- Add the salsa and taco sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring now and then, or however long it takes for your chicken to be cooked all the way through.