Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have always liked pimento cheese sandwiches. It is probably because when I was in elementary school whenever we had soup we had pimento cheese sandwiches. I have always made a simple one, but when I saw this recipe I wanted to try it. It is great on sandwiches and also on crackers as an appetizer. The original recipe said not to use preshredded cheese for this spread, but I have and it is still good.
- 10 ounces rotel, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces pimientos, drained
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix Rotel, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the pimentos and cheese.
- Spread on seven-grain bread.
This has a great flavor and I loved the mild kick to it. I did think it was missing something but my dh said it was the best he has tried. I usually eat pimento cheese with jalenpos in it so that might just be what i think is missing. Thanks for the recipe.