Recipe by Kellie in SLO
This is a recipe handed down to me by my mom. My husband and kids get excited when they see I have bought green beans, because they know they are in for a treat. As a lower fat option I omit the bacon, and cook the onions in a dash of canola oil. I save the bacon for when I serve it to company.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 4 -6 slices bacon (optional)
- 4 cups cooked green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the green beans until tender.
- Fry the bacon (if using) until crisp.
- Drain and crumble.
- Cook the onions in about 2 Tablespoons of the bacon fat, just until they are tender.
- Toss the hot green beans, onion and bacon together.
- Drizzle with the tarragon vinegar.