Recipe by sherryinmo
A kid pleaser for sure -- 2 to 102. Crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. My family likes to "dip" in a seafood cocktail sauce. Time to prepare does not include 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 dashes hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken strips into a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl combine the egg, buttermilk, garlic powder and Tabasco Sauce.
- Mix together, then pour mixture into bag with chicken.
- Seal and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt, paprika and baking powder.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture.
- Place chicken in flour mixture bag.
- Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken and fry in hot oil until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.