Recipe by Darlene Summers
You may make this cheese as hot or mild as you like. This dip may be used hot or cold--unless using it as a spread, then cold only.
Top Review by Miss Kitty
My two favorite foods - cheese, and garlic! Yum! I don't have a grinder, so I had to do this the hard way. I used only 8 ounces of shredded cheddar, and about 1/4 of a medium onion. I microwaved the cheese for about 1 minute on 50% power, just until slightly softened. Then added a splash of milk, the other ingredients, and beat the mixture with a fork (adding milk a splash at a time until achieving the desired consistency). Extra work this way, but worth it! Personally, I loved this, but everyone at my house gets to vote, so my "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this recipe 4 stars.
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- stale beer or milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cheese and garlic through food grinder.
- Add other seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Thin down with stale beer or milk till of desired dipping consistency.
- Use with chips or if preferred, do not make so thin and stuff celery with it or spread on crackers.