Recipe by Kikimony
These patties are so moist and delicious! The homemade sauce is tasty! Baste during grilling for more flavor.
Top Review by Michelle S.
These are very moist burgers! I left out the peppers (although I think I would have liked it EVEN better with them in) as the kids don't do "green". Easy to put together and fantastic flavor! I will be making these often!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, egg and onion.
- Add bell peppers, soy sauce and ketchup.
- In a bowl, mix half and half and cornstarch.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Blend well.
- Form into meat patties (4-6).
- Place patties on preheated grill.
- Baste with sauce turning patties over from time to time for even browning.
- Grill to your liking.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Combine ketchup, water and lemon juice.
- Add brown sugar, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.