Recipe by Heather'sKitchen
My husband loves Snapple peach tea but prefers me to make this recipe because it containes *no high fructose corn syrup*. It's a sweet tea but the sugar can be altered to individual taste. I posted the recipe as Todd Wilbur wrote it but I added my DH's preferences at the end of the directions(so I wouldn't lose them and have to experiment again!).
Top Review by MSippigirl
I ordered several different Torani syrups to make these flavored teas with. So far, I've tried Peach and Strawberry, both with lots of lemon... deeeee-licious! I'm going to try the sugar-free syrups next time I order. Love these teas!
- 2 quarts water
- 2 lipton tea bags
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice, plus
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons peach coffee syrup, Torani brand (any fruit flavor Torani syrup can be substituted here)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
- Turn off heat, add tea bags, cover saucepan and let the tea steep for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour the sugar into a 2 quart pitcher, and then add the tea. The water will still be warm and the sugar should dissolve easily.
- Add the lemon juice and the peach syrup.
- Stir, cover and chill.
- DH prefers this made with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup Torani peach syrup.