Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Looking through an envelope of recipe clippings I came across this and thought it sounded good.
Sour Cream Stuffing
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (or margarine)
- 4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 lbs red snapper fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or use vegetable oil)
- For stuffing: Saute celery and onion in butter.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a pocket in each fillet in order to stuff.
- Sprinkle fish inside and out with salt. Stuff fish loosely with stuffing.
- Close opening with skewers or wooden picks.
- Place dish on greased baking pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Baste while cooking.