Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a Restaurant called Sobo Loco.
- 8 ounces red snapper fillets, scored & lightly dredged in flour
- 5 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green Spanish olives
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large pan or saute pan.
- Saute fish until golden brown.
- Turn fish, add garlic, jalapeno, onion, olives and tomatoes.
- Saute for 2 minutes and deglaze with sherry.
- Add tomato juice and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice, fresh cilantro and salt and pepper.
Excellent, easy and fast. Served with brown rice; delich!
I screwed this up... err, changed it up... pretty badly. Used too small a pan, half the oil, substituted the olives... and it still came out amazing! I'm not quite the chefly one, but loved the mix of tastes and heat offered by this dish.
This was a great recipe that I used for OAMC freezer packets and the family loved it. I did sunstitute the jalepenos for they seem to get really hot while frozen so I used a milder chili pepper. The sauce was easy to make in a large batch and put with fish to be frozen.