Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Full of juicy flavor. I saw this on a low carb cooking show and made a few adjustments to meet my families tastes. Yum!
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets (7 fillets)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies, to taste (I use the canned ones)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Saute onion 5 minutes in EVOO until soft, add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies and cilantro and cook about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Arrange fillets in baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika and cover with sauce.
- Top with capers and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Excellent fish dinner! And so easy! Thanks for posting.
This was very good. A nice flavor to add on to any firm fish. We will also be trying on Mahi and Swordfish. Not too spicey, may add more chilies and some red pepper flakes next time.
This is absolutely wonderful! I made it with basa from Malaysia (tastes like grouper). I didn't alter the recipe except to add some sliced stuffed green olives because I adore them. The flavor was bright and sophisticated. We had Mexican rice on the side and garnished with a slice of lime. This was really easy to make, and I will definitely be making this again. And what a healthy dish!