- 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets (7 fillets)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies, to taste (I use the canned ones)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Saute onion 5 minutes in EVOO until soft, add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies and cilantro and cook about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Arrange fillets in baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika and cover with sauce.
- Top with capers and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.