1/1 Photo of Snapper Vera Cruz
Berliner Goere's Note:
Full of juicy flavor. I saw this on a low carb cooking show and made a few adjustments to meet my families tastes. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets (7 fillets)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies, to taste (I use the canned ones)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- 2Saute onion 5 minutes in EVOO until soft, add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, chilies and cilantro and cook about 10 minutes until thickened.
- 4Arrange fillets in baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika and cover with sauce.
- 5Top with capers and cover with foil.
- 6Bake 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snapper Vera Cruz
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.7 g