Recipe by TwoTravelling Chefs
Having had the opportunity to travel to many tropical countries we thought that this recipe could showcase some of the exotic fruits we have encountered. Use any combination of fruits available to you, just make sure that they give some color to your dish.
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock or 1⁄2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced fresh fruit (e.g. banana, orange, raspberry, blackberry, mango, papaya, kiwi, passion fruit, peach, apricot, plum)
Directions See How It's Made
- **Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large oven proof saute pan while you lightly dredge the snapper in the flour and shake off all excess. Sautee both sides of the snapper filets in the oil till lightly browned then discard the vegetable oil. Deglaze the pan with the fish stock and the rum and let reduce for 2-3 minutes, add the basil, salt, pepper, orange juice and butter. Add the fresh fruit, and place in the oven for a final 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Plate the fish, top with the fresh fruit sauce.