1/1 Photo of Snapper Cakes
Saw this recipe on a television show being made and just had to try these. They have egg or breadcrumbs, they are all snapper and vegetables. They hold together quite well and a very tasty. The original recipe calls for pan frying but I lightly oiled an oven tray and used in the oven. I think the B.B.Q. would be great! They could also be made smaller and would make great appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless bonesless red snapper fillets, chopped
- 100 g green beans, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass, very finely chopped (the white part only)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 10 drops fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, for dusting
- oil (if frying)
- 1Put the fish into a food processor and process for 3 minutes, or until you have even chunks. (do not over process as these cakes should have a bit of texture).
- 2Transfer the fish to a bowl and add the chopped beans, lemongrass, sweet chilli sauce, coriander, basil, sugar, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves and mix together thoroughly.
- 3Taking 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time,hand roll each tanlespoon into a neat ball. Flatten ball slightly with the palm of your hand and place on a tray. Repeat with the rest of the remaining mixture.
- 4You should have approx 16 balls in total.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1- 2 hours.
- 6Remove the cakes and toss the cakes in the flour lightly dusting them.
- 7Place some oil in a fry pan and heat oil to very hot. Fry the cakes in batches, for about three minutes each, or until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towls.
- 8Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce or tartare sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snapper Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 67.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves