- 1 whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled (approx 2kg)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients (except lemon slices and fish) in a bowl.
- Smear this mix over the fish-inside and out.
- Take a piece of foil large enough to enclose the fish and lay half the lemo slices down the centre of it.
- Lay the fish on the lemon slices and top with the remaining lemon slices.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a moderate (190c) oven for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes before serving on a large platter with the juices poured over.