Recipe by Outta Here
Peas and peppers sauteed with basil. Would also be good with fresh green beans instead of pea pods.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs snap peas, whole
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add peas and bell peppers. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your vegies.
- Stir in the basil, sugar, lemon rind, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and sauté for another 30 seconds.