Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is from way back in my Colorado days. Snap Peas were first coming out as the new "it" vegetable. The bight green pods are very appetizing. They are good plain, but we dressed them for a fancy dinner. Very colorfull. Nice in late summer.
- 1 lb snap peas, cut in half on the bias
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced razor thin
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, packed in oil, reserve oil (Rosenburg for example)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- Blanch snap peas for no more than one minute.
- Cool peas in ice water. Drain. Chill.
- Combine peas with onions, tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese.
- Toss with oil (from cheese), salt and red wine vineger.
- Serve on chilled plates.
- Does not keep well.